My First Year At Uni



If you were to ask me where this past year has gone, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you. I am currently facing my final deadlines for my first year and in a few weeks time I won't be a 'fresher' anymore. Before starting uni, people told me you're going to love it, it'll be the best few years of your life and I didn't really believe them. Of course I was excited, but it was a whole new world that I had never experienced before. But saying that - it has been the best year of my life so far! I thought I'd share just how I've found my first year.


Living alone is the main difference, I'm not on my own - I have been really lucky to have lovely flatmates who have become really good friends - but I am away from my family and my home comforts. Fitting in was fine, finding friends was fine, but doing everyone on my own took some getting used to. I found my good friends pretty fast, I just kept reminding myself that everyone was in the same boat with us all looking to find friends which made it much better.

The work, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a big jump from A-levels or college, because it is! Yes, you're in uni a lot less then you were at school but the work outside makes up for it! Deadlines come fast, exams are intense, there's a much bigger amount of people and it takes a lot. But I have managed to get good grades, keep up to date with work, have a social life and enjoy being at uni so don't let it put you off - stay on top of things and you'll be fine!

I have honestly enjoyed it so much, and am really looking forward to the next few years. If you are heading to uni in September or thinking about applying do it - I would recommend this experience to anyone who is willing to put in effort! Of course it isn't for anyone and my school was as guilty as any other by trying to persuade people to go - but you know you, do what is best and if you're thinking about it....do it!

Please feel free to ask me any questions!

Thank you for reading!

xoxo

WHERE TO FIND ME? 
Twitter - @_itsjustbecky
Instagram - beckycook1711


No comments