The Darker Lip Edit

 




We all know that when autumn and winter come around, the berry's, red's and purple's become a staple in everyone's make-up looks and there are a few that I know I'll be wearing all the time. I'm not one to go for the super vampy colours, just because they don't suit me but these are my dark lip picks from the drugstore...

For when I'm feeling like going subtly darker there are two lipsticks that I typically reach for the first being Revlon's Lip Butter in Pink Truffle which is a dark brown-pink plus these lipsticks are highly moisturising which is what you need this time of year. Another subtle darker lip is Rimmel's 'Celeb' which is discontinued but a very similar shade is Heartbreaker a dark, nude pink! These colours allow you to wear a dark eye as well as a dark lip without being too over done!

A classic red is a must have and I found mine last winter and I love it! Its Kate Moss for Rimmel in shade 01, your typical dark red! For a slightly more purple shade I go for Essence's On the Catwalk which is a lovely berry-purple! Finally, and following the purple route but going away from lipstick's I love the Rimmel Apocolips Lip laquer in Galaxy which is a deep, plumy purple which I think is my favourite out of all of them and it looks gorgeous on the lips!

What is your go to dark lip?

Thank you for reading!

xoxo

No comments